VMware, a global innovator in enterprise software, announced a digital transformation partnership with Ankabut, UAE’s Advanced National Research and Education Network, to transform learning experiences for academic institutions in the UAE, regionally, and worldwide. Ankabut’s platform provides collaboration opportunities between UAE education, government, and industry sectors.
Aligned with Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 and UAE Vision 2021 government transformation goals, Ankabut provides cloud connectivity, IT infrastructure and managed services for 80 UAE member institutions to drive innovative educational services such as digital student records, project collaboration and virtual reality field trips.
Ankabut also becomes a member of the VMware Cloud Provider Programme, becoming the first dedicated education service provider in the UAE. Using VMware software-defined datacentre and VMware NSX network virtualisation solutions, Ankabut can provide more secure datacentre and public cloud services that can scale up as their student population grows.
“With VMware solutions, we are able to provide an innovative service to educational institutions that is flexible whilst reducing operational costs,” said Fahem Nuaimi, CEO Ankabut.
“As an integral part of their digital transformation strategies, academic institutions worldwide are choosing VMware hybrid cloud solutions to overcome scalability, availability and budget challenges,” said Henri van der Vaeren, Vice President South Europe, Middle East and Africa at VMware.
- Digital foundation to support vision of the region’s leading education service provider.
- To accelerate digital transformation within education sector requires advanced automation.
- Requires adoption of cloud computing with virtualisation as foundation.
- Ankabut becomes member of VMware Cloud Provider Programme.
- Ankabut can provide secure datacentre and public cloud services scaling with student population.