Schneider Electric has deployed EcoStruxure Facility Advisor solution, which helps monitor energy use and asset availability, across 19 Majid Al Futtaim, MAF Carrefour stores in Egypt. In a competitive retail environment, Carrefour is constantly seeking ways to improve quality, choice and prices, while implementing sustainable business practices. The company has deployed Schneider Electric’s Facility Advisor suite of services in 19 hypermarkets and supermarkets and is planning to roll it out additionally.
Carrefour started collaborating with Schneider Electric in 2016 to find solutions to reduce power consumption.
Key goals included:
- Measuring energy consumption across stores to identify both high and low-performing stores.
- Using energy dashboards and performance reports to continually optimise power usage.
- Ensuring protection against downtime threats such as equipment malfunctions or power outages.
- Maximising uptime for power, lighting, ovens, refrigerators, and other business-critical assets.
Facility Advisor is a cloud–based platform which provides insights on consumption and alerts on electrical distribution quality. It helps eliminate power losses by detecting abnormal energy consumption of the connected assets and allowing actions to minimise unplanned breakdowns. It also assists in validating electrical costs on invoices by providing details on facility loads.
By logging onto a dedicated web portal, Carrefour can check the consumption levels of each store. Schneider’s engineering team analyses data from the Facility Advisor dashboards and detects abnormal activities to provide in-depth reports, which are provided to Carrefour Egypt twice a year, and will serve as action plans to optimise energy use.
EcoStruxure Power is an open, IoT enabled, interoperable architecture using low and medium voltage equipment. EcoStruxure Power leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity. This includes Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics and Services.
Jean Luc Graziato, Country Head for Carrefour Egypt at Majid Al Futtaim Retail said, “This project with Schneider, is aligned with Majid Al Futtaim’s wider strategy to become net positive by reducing its energy consumption and carbon emissions. Apart from the environmental benefits, the cost effectiveness of implementing Facility Advisor also allows us to redistribute savings to enhance various aspects of our business, making our offering even more compelling for customers.”
“EcoStruxure Power solutions enable our customers to leverage digital intelligence in their facilities to unlock the full potential of their power distribution system. Our engineers and Majid Al Futtaim’s team co-partnered in innovation. We have been continually working together to enhance the technology, strengthen the partnership, and uncover new ways to save energy,” commented Walid Sheta, Zone President for Schneider North-East Africa and Levant.
- EcoStruxure Facility Advisor provides insights on energy consumption and on power usage.
- EcoStruxure Facility Advisor has been installed in 19 Carrefour stores
- EcoStruxure Facility Advisor has helped achieve 7% energy savings and reduced carbon footprint.
- Majid Al Futtaim is planning to deploy the solution across all stores.